Sunday, April 24, 2011

New Book: The Opium Equation


You've probably heard the news that I have a new book being published this fall. It is called The Opium Equation and it is an equestrian mystery. While I have edited fiction before, this is my first foray into fiction as an author. I have to say, it's a little scary!

I have been living with my characters: horse trainer Cat Enright; her students Darcy Whitcomb, Carole Carson (and her hunky country music star husband, Keith), Robert Griggs and former movie star Glenda Dupree; barn manager Jon Gardner; and neighbors Bubba and Hill Henley, and Frog Berry for many years. And Sally Blue. I can't forget Sally. How can you forget a (possibly) psychic horse? I wonder if you will come to love these characters, well, most of them, as much as I do. I hope so!


There will be a lot of book readings and signings this fall and I would love to see you at one of them. If your city is not on my itinerary please let me know of a bookstore, a therapeutic riding facility, a larger stable or other venue that might be suitable for a signing. I will do all I can to make it happen.

In the meantime, hop on over to the Cat Enright Stables blog for a few sneak previews.


Take care,

Lisa

1 comment:

QA_kakaub said...

I was so glad to read you stopped at one of the NYC stables. I have visited one as well so know first hand just how wonderfully kept these stables are, how happy and healthy the horses are. These horse love their jobs and the drivers and owners love the horses.

Karen